Hello Allatoona Lake, GA

After a very busy and slightly hair raising drive through and around Atlanta, Emma and I reached our destination of the COE McKinney Campground in Acworth, GA.  My goodness there were a lot of truckers on the road this morning!  It was as crowded on the road as any other good sized city, and Jack-in-the-Box did an excellent job of getting me through the melee.

_MG_8420

As I drove the 110 miles, I made up my mind to go with site #64 that I had originally reserved.  I value privacy and quietness over the sardine packed ambiance of a lake front site I guess, and it would be hard for any of the first come first served sites to compare with the site I had at Holiday with my own private little beach.

IMG_8376

I did, however, begin to wonder about the quietness of this site as I arrived to pull in.  Tenters on my right had the most God awful music (?) deafeningly blaring from a large boom box.  Thankfully, their time was up today, so by the time I was set up, they had packed up and left. 

IMG_8374

Getting into this site was a bit of a challenge, but I took a deep breathe and jockeyed the rig in.  I was so proud of myself that I had to hit my EASY button! Disappointed smile  (That was Easy!!)  And I stopped just in time to miss crashing into a big pine tree at the back of the site.  Sometimes, things just go right.

I had to set up my trucker’s antenna and amplifier as the Sprint reception wasn’t the greatest.  Then I decided to give the DISH a try.  There was one little patch of blue sky to the left, and believe it or not I locked onto the signal in near record time.  What good omens for my six day stay here.

IMG_8379

I took a little walk around the area, and only found one wildflower blooming.  With 88* and high humidity, it’s more like summer than spring in this part of Georgia.

67 On the way to NC 201217

Since I’ll only be here six days, I debated about setting up the Hard Rock Bird Café, but I heard some tufted titmice in the woods so I put up one feeder.

_MG_8412 _MG_8410

It usually takes about a week for birds to find my feeders, but in two shakes of a lambs tale a titmouse arrived!  He must have spread the word because in a very short time several Carolina chickadees stopped by.  As Emma and I sat outside after all the set up was done, we had more than two dozen birds zipping in and out for a snack.  Amazing. 

I’ll be visiting Acworth tomorrow as I need to get some Iams dog food for Emma.  I may even visit an art museum while I’m there.  That would be a first.  I have to tell you that the other reason I like this site is that whenever I step outside the rig, the wonderful smell of pine greets me.

Thanks for stopping by… talk to you later,  Judy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Noble Wedding at Andernach

Yahoo! The sun returned.

Are you ready for a little contest?