Picturing pitchers

A post of few words this evening as I spent today on mundane chores, but got lost this afternoon in pitcher picture heaven.

IMG_7679

IMG_7683

IMG_7689

IMG_7703

IMG_7742 IMG_7740

These blooms may look the same as the flowers from the white pitcher plants, but they’re not.  These are only a little over an inch wide and only rise about six inches from the savannah floor.

IMG_7737

They are the blooms of the parrot’s beak pitcher plant.  Once insects are lured inside the ‘beak’, a small trap door closes, and it’s curtains for the bug!  This pitcher plant is very small and spreads its beaks under the grasses.  This was a new plant for me, and I really had to search on hands and knees for it.  Cool beans!

IMG_7744

Once I got back on my feet, Emma and I took a rest at one of the benches along the Dees Trail.

Thanks for stopping by… talk to you later,  Judy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Noble Wedding at Andernach

Yahoo! The sun returned.

Are you ready for a little contest?